August 30, 2013

Review: Paranormal Reality by Christian Jensen

Review: Paranormal Reality by Christian Jensen


Title: Paranormal Reality
Author: Christian Jensen 
Paperback: 308 pages
Publisher: Rebel Ink Press (June 16, 2013)
ISBN-10: 194031500X

What happens when the hosts of America's most popular ghost hunting reality show come face to face with unadulterated evil? What happens when a single mother is trapped and left to defend her daughter alone? When ghosts are real and your past comes back to literally haunt you, who can you turn to? Who can you trust?








My Thoughts:

So I was asked to review Paranormal Reality by Jitterbug PR and I'm so happy that they asked me.  This is a book that I couldn't put down.  But before I break it all down and tell why I loved this book for you all, I'm going to say that I highly recommend this one to any one that loves paranormal books.  It's not one that has many reviews on Amazon and I'm really not sure why, but it's defiantly worth buying. With that being said, let's talk about this book some.  I don't want to give anything away but I do want to talk about plot, characters, and the writing.  

First off let's discuss this plot, WOW.  Paranormal Reality isn't like any other book that I have read before. You know how it is, once you have read a book you end up finding a million more with the same premise.  Not with this one.  I have never read one like it.  I also must say how much I loved the prologue and how different it was from the beginning of the story.  It's what got me hooked right away. Then the first line of the book had me doing a double take at the page.  (Look below for the first line) I don't read many ghost stories, but I really did love the premise of this one.


There weren't now nor had there ever been pigs in this house.

After reading that of course I was going to keep reading.  I had to know where that line came from and why she was going on about pigs never being in a house.   Oh and I have to mention the doll head.  I don't want to give anything away but a talking doll head, yikes.  If a doll head told me I was going to die I would throw it in a lake or something and make a run for it.  Totally creepy.

So let's talk some of Characters, the characters in this book are ones that I could really believe and with the descriptions could see in my head as I read each page.  The author, Christian Jensen has a way of showcasing his characters that you feel like the whole story is playing out in front of your eyes.

(Oh and I must say that I love this cover, who ever did the cover art is amazing as well!)

Author Christian Jensen, is a undiscovered star.  His writing is spectacular and if you haven't heard of his books, you really need to go get Paranormal Reality.  It's Paranormal mixed with just the right amount of Horror.  Also I want to say that he really knows how to end a book and tie all the pieces together.  I for once can't wait to read more of this incredible author's books, even his Erotica.

Rating: 




0 comments: